Mold is one of the most common plagues that attack the modern home. Mold isn’t just one organism, it is a variety of fungi that are attracted to and grow on wet areas. If you have dark, black spots on the corners of your hose, you could be having issues with mold.
Here are 10 things you should know about mold.
- Mold spore can contain toxins. The most common toxin found in the mold is called Mycotoxin. Even if mold only hold a small amount of toxin, with enough exposure it can be dealt with both human and animals. IF Mycotoxin builds up in your body or lungs it can lead to many complications similar to those of a chain-smoker or alcoholic.
- Not all black mold spot carry toxins within themselves.
- A small amount of mold in your home or workplace isn’t a reason for health hazards. The sign that you have too much mold in your home isn’t the amount of mold itself, but if it has started to affect your health. If you have a lot of visible molds and are experiencing either skin rashes or eye irritation, it is time to seek a solution for your mold problems.
- Allergies are the most common reaction to mold. The most common symptoms are a stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, itchy eyes, and dry skin. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms while you do have mold in your home you are probably allergic to it
- Biocides are not a good way to treat mold due to the complexity of its content.
- Without moisture control in your home, it is practically impossible to rid your apartment or house from all the mold it holds.
- Even opening up your windows up to a few hours per day can increase your chances of growing mold by 50%. Fresh, cold air streaming through your house is your best friend when trying to prevent mold inside your home.
- Trained professionals are usually the only reliable way to rid yourself of mold. They will inspect every corner of your home and figure out the right solution. With them, you can be sure that your efforts won’t be wasted. The average cost of mold removal by a professional is between 300$ and 500$
- Improved window isolation can be the difference between having and not having mold around your windows or doors.
- Mucor is the most common type of mold found in Europe.